Monday, April 7

Life in the yard


6 weeks into intern life yet I'm starting to love my job (exclude the waiting time) Being in the yard made me realized alot of things about guys (male dominant industry) as well as to know about the bangalas. Maybe bc I'm the only few females that's why every single one take really good care of me. Being in the yard, I get to know a lot of languages. I mean I unds some but I can't speak and soon I'm gonna pick up the slang heh

I came to somehow lower my expectations toward guys bc chivalry is dead inside. I mean they can just slam the door right in your face (maybe bc they are rushing all the times) however I came to realized that guys do actually notice girls. Maybe bc I'm the 1 out of 3 guys in the production side that's why it's easy to notice me? They always strike up conversations randomly, asking me how's my day as well as offering me food and drink. And some of them will be like "are you tired, do you want to go up to the vessel?" It's all these little things that made me push on my intern bc it's hard for me right now (due to personal reasons) They actually did notice when you are there and when you are not

And working in the yard totally changed my perspective towards the bangalas. They are not as bad as what everyone think they are. I think they are the most polite people in the whole yard (maybe bc I'm an officer over there) They are the ones who put their life on the line every single day, they are the ones who help me get all my jobs done. I always thought life is tough in the construction site but I was so wrong until I work in the yard. They have to stay under the sun for long hours and even go into the confine space with limited amount of oxygen and ventilation. They are willing to offer you food as well (if you are in the engineering side)

So, I just wanna thanks everyone inside for my first 6 weeks in the yard and hope you all gonna treat me the same for my remaining 6 weeks:)